Thursday, October 13, 2011

Road Trip Out Takes and Highlights!

I feel like it has been forever since I have posted and I apologize for being absent but life with Sam is taking some interesting turns and that put my blogging on hold. I really need to finish up the road trip and then I will expand on our homeschooling adventures, Sam's hip status, an interview and what has kept me tied up.

Soooo...this blog post will sum up another amazing road trip adventure. It may seem crazy to a lot of you, but I could head out on another one tomorrow. As difficult as all the driving and planning can be...the fun and memories are so worth it!!

I left off with Sam's adventure at the beach. But the road trips are not just about Sam. I also travel with two exceptional teenage girls, Brooke and Danielle. Our week in North Carolina was all about relaxing and chilling at the pool or ocean. Even though we didn't go many places...adventure and fun still found us.

One day we were chilling by the pool and we suddenly heard noises outside the fence that surrounded the pool. The girls of course thought we had a peeping neighbor but instead we found this guy.


Not exactly what I thought I would see in the middle of a residential area on a strip of beach land. He didn't seem in the least bothered by us and happily continued to eat and pose for pictures.


Brooke and Danielle bring books on every trip but reading doesn't hold the same intensity as...let's say....creating your own synchronized swim routine. Yep, they worked on this all week and I know you are just dying to see what they were able to create. Well I won't hold you in suspense any longer. Presenting the aquatic creation of Brooke Buser and Danielle Mayer.



Now, after Sam saw their wonderful production he decided to contribute a little aquatic creation of his own.


Sorry, but I was not as inspired as all of them and I stuck with reading the books. Brooke found it humorous that my book went everywhere with me. For example....


This is one of the reasons I buy my books instead of checking them out from the library. Brooke and Danielle also figured out how to creatively tan on very hot days. Check this out...


Yeah, those look like halos...but they're not!!!

One of our funnier moments was while we were waiting for the pizza man to arrive. I know you are thinking...how can that be funny. Well it's funny if someone decides to bust a move in the middle of the street like Danielle did. Here she is showing her best dance moves.








Now the really funny part that we didn't catch on pictures because we were laughing too hard is when a car pulled up behind Danielle and she was so caught up in her dance routine that she didn't notice them waiting...um and laughing...and when she did she ran back into the house.

As you can probably tell a great time was had by all. I look forward to the next road trip...hmmm....where should we go next????

No comments:

Post a Comment